10 Best Gifts for Hockey Skaters
Posted by KwikRink
If you’re a hockey parent or relative, you know the equipment demands of the sport are endless. Between pads, gloves, sticks, skates, and more, hockey players go through equipment with each growth spurt if not every season.
The holidays can be an effective way to combine gifts your team member wants with items they truly need.
So from safety equipment to your own home ice skating rink–check out KwikRink Synthetic Ice for a sneak peek at that one–read on for the 10 Best Gifts for Hockey Skaters.
Drum roll please–the list
Check the following list twice for a hockey holiday for the record books. When in doubt about sizes, opt for a gift card in the value of your selected gifts.
- All the safety equipment. Holidays are the perfect time to refresh or resize your player’s equipment. Switching out pads, helmets, mouthguards, gloves, and any orthopedic joint braces or wraps will keep your player in tip-top shape for games and practices alike.
- Skates. If you know your skater well enough to discover their brand preferences and sizes, pick up a pair of skates to wrap for him or her to open. If your skater is further away and you’re not privy to her skating specifics, a gift card from Total Hockey or a local sporting goods store will do the trick.
- Skate sharpener. When you want a gift that fits every player all the time, choose a skate sharpener. Sharp skates give players an–ahem–edge over the competition. Help your hockey player skate their best with sharp skates, conveniently. We like the Sparx sharpener line. If you have multiple players at home, you’ll enjoy the convenience of a sharpener at your fingertips.
- Snipers Edge PassMaster. Once you have your home ice rink set up, your player may need a little help with drills. The Snipers Edge PassMaster acts like a second player to pass the puck back to you. This training tool works on any flat surface and performs well on KwikRink Synthetic Ice.
- Sticks, sticks, and more sticks. Sticks break, wear out, and generally get beat up all season. A few new sticks waiting in the wings is never a bad idea. Plus, when friends come over to enjoy your home ice rink, you’ll have enough equipment to go around. We like Pure Hockey’s selection at every price point.
- Hockey nets. It’s hard to play or practice hockey on your home ice rink without a net, so grab a couple to add to your reveal. Try Franklin Sports for an ample selection.
- A refreshment fridge. Having a small refrigerator rink-side allows your players to hydrate without any breaks in the action. We like Wine Cooler Direct for their selection and pricing.
- Anti-odor detergent. Any hockey parent knows how hard it is to stay on top of the notorious hockey stink. Stuff your players’ stockings with a hefty supply of anti-odor detergent. We like Rockin Green Activewear laundry detergent for super tough odors. Your family will thank you, and your players won’t scare away their practice mates and friends.
- A brand new bag. When it’s time for the whole team to gather for games and drills, your player will love a little swagger with a new hockey bag. Check out Pacific Rink for everything from a casual pond pack for a leisurely outdoor hockey afternoon, to their top-of-the-line pro hockey bags for your skater.
- A home ice skating rink. Did we drop enough hints about what this last gift idea would be? Every hockey player dreams of having his own ice, in a temperature-controlled paradise, with plenty of refreshments and a big screen TV steps away from the play or practice surface. Our best gift recommendation for the hockey player in your life is a custom synthetic skating surface from KwikRink Synthetic Ice.
Synthetic Ice: The best way to stuff a hockey player’s stocking
It’s a big-league dream, right? Only the pros could make this vision a reality. If you’ve got a garage, a basement rec room, a flat parking pad, or even a level yard outside, your home ice skating rink is just a few clicks away for the holidays.
Even though we admit you’d need a pretty large stocking, installing synthetic ice from KwikRink is just as easy as dropping candy treats into the socks hanging from the mantle.
Our custom-cut ice tiles fit together effortlessly like puzzle pieces, and stack and store in your closet, garage, or on the floor efficiently.
You and your elves can send your little Gretzky’s off to slumber, while you set up the rink. No tools required, just place the custom-measured-and-cut ice tiles on the floor and tap the seams until secure.
When the skaters come down in the morning, be sure to have your camera ready and their skates nearby to capture the oohs and aahs of your big reveal.
Whether you order a few square feet of practice space or a garage-full of ice tiles, you’ll be on the “nice” list for years to come with a gift of KwikRink Synthetic Ice.
Think a home ice rink is out of reach? Think again.
No matter where you live, work, or play, KwikRink has a Synthetic Ice System to fit your space and hockey needs. We custom-fit your rink to the space you have available, from a few small tiles in your home to a warehouse floor.
Our ice tiles are low maintenance, easily set up, and they break down and store effortlessly for nimble space conversion. All you need to keep the tiles slick is a spritz of spray cleaner and a wipe-down with a soft cloth. Make a hockey rink just about anywhere with KwikRink Synthetic Ice.
Contact us today for a free estimate and create a hockey holiday to remember.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.