When it comes to hockey, it is not necessarily the time you put into hockey practice, but the effort you put into the craft. To give your best at all times, you need a quality surface that allows you to excel in skill practice without added barriers. So what’s the best synthetic ice for hockey?
You may not know that skating on synthetic ice has some advantages over natural ice. There have been several innovations in artificial ice technology recently, so research the best synthetic ice for hockey before you commit. You want to make sure you purchase a high-quality product with durability, so you invest your money wisely.
Playing hockey on KwikRink Synthetic Ice will drive you toward success in your game! Our synthetic ice panels are used by pro hockey teams and are found in rinks internationally. Best of all, they are available for you to use right at home, allowing you to experience the best for your hockey training, day in and day out.
Here’s why KwikRink Synthetic Ice is the best synthetic ice for hockey, not only locally but across the world.
A Leader in Innovation and Technology
At KwikRink Synthetic Ice, we make our synthetic ice surface with plastic with very high molecular weight (VHMW). We cut the plastic into custom synthetic ice tiles that come in various custom edges for assembly. It is easy to press the panels into place by using a rubber mallet.
Curious about another unique characteristic? Innovative development in synthetic ice surfaces allows for a smooth and fast skating experience. The glide on KwikRink Synthetic Ice tiles is 90% similar to real ice, one of the best on the market.
The ice panels are also the best synthetic ice for hockey because they are low maintenance. KwikRink Synthetic Ice tiles are self-lubricating. The periodic application of topical lubricants to the ice is not necessary. Self-lubrication saves you both time and money.
If you are a skater, you know how a natural skating surface feels when you stop and accelerate. Imagine the feel on self-lubricating panels, which offers the advantage of quick turns and easy gliding for your skate blade. You become a stronger and faster skater by practicing on a synthetic ice rink.
The Most Authentic Ice Feel
The best synthetic ice for hockey offers high-quality plastic that retains 90% or more of ice’s natural glide. No synthetic ice product can feel exactly like natural ice, but there are several ways products can come close to a natural skating surface.
- Use quality materials: Cheap is not going to offer the best synthetic ice on the market. If the product results in soft tiles, you will have more shavings and friction on the skates over time. Self-lubricating tiles with a very high molecular weight will be your best investment!
- Sharpen your blades often: Hockey players are hard on their blades. You know a sharp edge allows for better performance, and this includes when skating on artificial ice surfaces.
- Keep a clean surface: The best synthetic ice for hockey will be low maintenance, but you still want to ensure the tiles remain clean after use. A cloth broom can clear away dust and dirt while using a gentle cleanser rids it of sweat and spills. Good maintenance will promote the feeling of natural ice now and in the future.
Improvement in Performance
Ice skating on synthetic ice provides a coefficient of friction. You can see training improvement with additional ice time right at home. You’ll notice the following advantages when training on the best synthetic ice for hockey:
- Increased speed in your skate as you explosively push off the self-lubricating panels
- Improved cardiovascular stamina and muscle endurance as you practice more at home
- Enhance precision in maneuvering, changing direction, and stopping on your hockey skates. You will notice that practicing on rinks that are in the home or smaller in square feet (such as in a basement in the garage) offer an advantage in performance enhancement
- More practice time which results in skill improvement (no need to schedule ice time, wait for frozen ponds, or a space to practice)
Customized to Your Needs
The best synthetic ice for hockey will allow you to customize the size of your rink. You may be in the market for a small rink that can be put in the home to practice shooting or quick skating technique. As an alternative, you may want a regulation size rink to play games and off-ice practice in the backyard.
Determine the type of rink you need and what you will use it for the most. Of course, consider the amount of space you have available and how the room can best accommodate a synthetic ice rink.
Superior Customer Service
You will likely have several questions before you commit to a synthetic ice surface. KwikRink Synthetic Ice is the best in synthetic ice for hockey because of our superior customer service.
When you speak to one of our experts, you know you are talking to an industry leader in customized synthetic ice. Whether you are interested in our rent-to-buy program or are ready to purchase today, we are here to answer questions and assist you in making the process seamless.
Our experienced rink builders can help you select the products, size, and accessories to design the best synthetic ice rink for hockey in your home. We want you to be satisfied and feel you are treated just like a pro!
KwikRink is the Best Synthetic Ice for Hockey
KwikRink Synthetic Ice only offers superior materials, including tool-free interlocking tiles with excellent glide and resilience. We offer custom sizing and serve those wanting to build a rink in their home and city officials who may wish to create a large community rink. We can customize KwikRink Synthetic Ice tiles to the needs you have.
We will walk with you through every step of the process, including layout design, concept creation, maintenance, and upkeep. We want to ensure your new hockey rink is the best the industry has to offer.
Visit our website today for a free quote and get going on building the hockey rink of your dreams!